Atlantic City Housing Rehabilitation Program
The Housing Rehabilitation Program for Atlantic City will be implemented under the direction of the Atlantic County Improvement Authority and is carried out by Office of Community Development. Utilizing funds budgeted from the Development Fund, the Housing Rehabilitation Program can address all basic rehabilitation items of a home, including major systems such as plumbing, heating, electric and roof, plus weatherization including windows, doors, insulation and exterior repair and painting. The priority of the program will be to address code related deficiencies.
- Eligible Applicants (Households);
Eligible Properties and Activities;
- Must be the owner and occupant of the unit,
- their total household income cannot exceed $100,000,
- they must have the home properly insured, and
- they must have the Municipal property taxes paid up to the current quarter.
- Single family properties including townhouses and condominiums located within Atlantic City, New Jersey,
- must be owner occupied,
- all basic rehabilitation items of a home, including major systems, such as plumbing, heating, electric and roof, plus weatherization which includes windows, doors, insulation and exterior repair and painting focusing on code related deficiencies.
- specific activity approval determined upon inspection by the authority.
- The Program will provide financing up to $25,000 per household for eligible activities,
- All assistance is offered to the homeowner in the form of a 0% interest deferred loan, secured by a mortgage, to be repaid to the program in full at time of resale, transfer of title, or refinancing if the new mortgage is structured so that the owner cannot meet our subordination conditions.
For More Information:
Ellen Hiltner, Home Program Manager
Atlantic County Improvement Authority
1333 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 700
Atlantic City, NJ 08410
Telephone: (609) 343-2390
Email: hiltner_ellen@aclink .org
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm